Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

DIY: Brush Keeper


Keeping makeup brushes clean and dust/germ free is important. It could mean the difference between clear skin and blemished skin which can be caused by the dust and bacteria in the air that settles on the brushes. We all wash our makeup brushes but what do we do with them afterwards, we put them in brush holders but the bristles are exposed. Here's a quick and inexpensive way of keeping all the undesirables - like dust and what nots off your makeup brushes. 

Here's what you would need:
 a covered container that's tall enough to acoomodate all your brushes and something to keep your brushes upright in the container. This could be a pencil holder or the brush holder that you already use.

Materials
This is my setup. I got the container from SM Homeworld and costs Php95. It is meant to be used for cutlery or other kitchen stuff but I had other plans for it. I used my old brush holders for this DIY (my mom got it for me from Muji four years ago just in case you're wondring ΓΌ ).



The first thing I did was to take the utensil holder, remove the label and take it apart. It has a built in divider that is detachable but the space is just too wide for my brushes they didn't stand up the way that I wanted them to do.



The next thing that I did was to put my brush holders in the middle of the container so the bristles of the brushes won't get damaged when it is time to cover them up. I didn't glue them on the container so they can be cleaned easily.


Finally, I placed all my makeup brushes in the container and covered it. Tadah! The brushes are now protected from all the dirt that floats in the air when they are not in use.

So, I hope this simple, cost efficient, effortless idea helps you, my fellow makeup obsessed/geek/junkie friend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...